Our volcanic stone Lava is much appreciated for its almost austere elegance and cool grey tones. To ensure it remains looking beautiful over the years, here are a couple of tips:
- Always use a pre-treatment to seal it before installing it so that is no risk of discoloration due to glue or grout seeping through.
- We are advocates of the “no-grout” approach at Salvatori because we think that the natural beauty of stone is enhanced without the lines which inevitably result when you use grout, however if you do need or prefer to use it, choose a colour which is similar. This way you will also avoid the so-called “picture frame effect”.
- Lava is gorgeous in bathrooms, and we’d recommend taking a two-step approach to the final treatment stage. Firstly apply a water-repellent product such as Fila HydroRep, then a stain protectant like FilaFob. That way you will ensure your Lava is well-protected.
- If you’re using Lava in the kitchen, always wipe up any spills within a few minutes before they have a chance to penetrate.
- Avoid any harsh cleaning products containing alcohol, acids or bleach, and instead choose neutral cleansers.
- And finally, as a general rule, it’s always good to wipe down surfaces regularly so that any dirt doesn’t get the chance to accumulate and become embedded as that’s when it becomes difficult to remove.